Mixed emotions on death penalty for Boston marathon bomber
January 31, 2014 at 2:33 PM CST - Updated July 2 at 9:25 AM
U.S. federal prosecutors will be seeking the death penalty for the man accused in the Boston marathon bombing, but victims and their families are having mixed emotions this morning after the announcement.
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder's announced Thursday federal prosecutors will be seeking the death penalty for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
Two blasts last April killed three people and injured 260 others running in the Boston Marathon. At least 16 people lost limbs.
One man who lost his right leg says he believes the death penalty is the right decision. But, not everyone feels the same. The grandmother of a young woman who was one of the three who died, says she isn't sure she supports the death penalty, but fears prison would not be enough punishment.
Tsarnaev has pleaded not guilty. So far no trial date has yet to be set.