Exhaust fan in attic causes housing complex fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Exhaust fan in attic causes housing complex fire

Posted: Updated:

Amarillo, TX - Amarillo fire officials say they have contained an early morning structure fire.

Just before 7:30 this morning fire crews responded to a fire in a housing complex near 16th Avenue and south Madison street.

The fire sparked in the attic of the complex where an exhaust fan with a light was installed.

The complex suffered an estimated 35,000 dollars in total damages.

  • Today's Local News HeadlinesToday's Local NewsMore>>

  • Lane Closures for the Week

    Lane Closures for the Week

    Sunday, July 27 2014 9:14 PM EDT2014-07-28 01:14:08 GMT
    Amarillo, TX - While you are out driving around this week here are some area lane closures to be aware of.
    Amarillo, TX - While you are out driving around this week here are some area lane closures to be aware of.
  • Car Seat Checkup at the Amarillo Fire Station

    Car Seat Checkup at the Amarillo Fire Station

    Sunday, July 27 2014 9:09 PM EDT2014-07-28 01:09:20 GMT
    Amarillo, TX - If your child's car seat moves when the car stops or turns, seems too small, or allows your child to get out...local agencies want to help keep your child safe.
    Amarillo, TX - If your child's car seat moves when the car stops or turns, seems too small, or allows your child to get out...local agencies want to help keep your child safe.
  • American doctor in Africa tests positive for Ebola

    American doctor in Africa tests positive for Ebola

    Sunday, July 27 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-07-27 19:19:55 GMT
    BOONE - An aid organization says that an American doctor working with Ebola patients in Liberia has tested positive for the deadly virus.
    BOONE - An aid organization says that an American doctor working with Ebola patients in Liberia has tested positive for the deadly virus.