3rd Street business fire ruled accidental - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

3rd Street business fire ruled accidental

Amarillo, TX - A large fire that erupted Monday night in northeast Amarillo is now being ruled as accidental.

The fire broke out at Medley Material Handling at 1501 NE 3rd just before 9:00 Monday evening.

The Amarillo Fire Department tells us employees spilled flammable liquid. The gas vapors were ignited by a portable heater, creating a flash fire.

One employee was transported to the hospital with possible inhalation injuries. That employee has since been released.

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share
  • Today's Local News HeadlinesToday's Local NewsMore>>

  • Both Amarillo counties to hold active shooter training

    Both Amarillo counties to hold active shooter training

    Sunday, February 18 2018 6:13 PM EST2018-02-18 23:13:09 GMT
    SOURCE: Randall County Sheriff's Office FacebookSOURCE: Randall County Sheriff's Office Facebook

    Potter and Randall county officials will both hold Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE) classes for residents. 

    Potter and Randall county officials will both hold Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE) classes for residents. 

  • Amarillo-area schools compete in Science Bowl

    Amarillo-area schools compete in Science Bowl

    Sunday, February 18 2018 5:36 PM EST2018-02-18 22:36:20 GMT
    Source: CNS PantexSource: CNS Pantex

    Thirty high school teams put their knowledge to the test at the Pantex Science Bowl on Saturday. 

    Thirty high school teams put their knowledge to the test at the Pantex Science Bowl on Saturday. 

  • Bovina seeking volunteer firefighters

    Sunday, February 18 2018 5:25 PM EST2018-02-18 22:25:26 GMT
    Source: Nobody Fights Alone FacebookSource: Nobody Fights Alone Facebook

    Bovina Fire Department is holding meetings on becoming a volunteer firefighter. 

    Bovina Fire Department is holding meetings on becoming a volunteer firefighter. 

Powered by Frankly