3rd Street business fire ruled accidental - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

3rd Street business fire ruled accidental

Amarillo, TX - A large fire that erupted Monday night in northeast Amarillo is now being ruled as accidental.

The fire broke out at Medley Material Handling at 1501 NE 3rd just before 9:00 Monday evening.

The Amarillo Fire Department tells us employees spilled flammable liquid. The gas vapors were ignited by a portable heater, creating a flash fire.

One employee was transported to the hospital with possible inhalation injuries. That employee has since been released.

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share
  • Today's Local News HeadlinesToday's Local NewsMore>>

  • Deputy embracing comedy to solve crimes

    Deputy embracing comedy to solve crimes

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:36 PM EST2017-11-22 04:36:50 GMT
    Source: Moore County Crime StoppersSource: Moore County Crime Stoppers

    Moore County Crime Stoppers has put a record number of fugitives behind bars this year, and the group credits its success to a new comedic approach to solving crimes.

    Moore County Crime Stoppers has put a record number of fugitives behind bars this year, and the group credits its success to a new comedic approach to solving crimes.

  • Officials: vacant properties lead to fire hazards

    Officials: vacant properties lead to fire hazards

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 9:57 PM EST2017-11-22 02:57:13 GMT
    Source KFDASource KFDA

    Vacant properties aren't just eye sores to the community. These abandoned homes increase the chance of crime, promote illegal activity, and are serious fire hazards. "Often we find that even though it might be boarded up someone has found a way to enter the structure. And as it gets cold, obviously those people may try to start a fire or something inside to stay warm. And as a result of course we get a structure fire," said Community Development Administrator James Allen. ...

    Vacant properties aren't just eye sores to the community. These abandoned homes increase the chance of crime, promote illegal activity, and are serious fire hazards. "Often we find that even though it might be boarded up someone has found a way to enter the structure. And as it gets cold, obviously those people may try to start a fire or something inside to stay warm. And as a result of course we get a structure fire," said Community Development Administrator James Allen. ...

  • Law enforcement taking I-40 Challenge this holiday season

    Law enforcement taking I-40 Challenge this holiday season

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 6:28 PM EST2017-11-21 23:28:19 GMT
    Source: KFDASource: KFDA

    With the Thanksgiving holiday approaching, local law enforcement are teaming up to ensure the  safety of travelers.  

    With the Thanksgiving holiday approaching, local law enforcement are teaming up to ensure the  safety of travelers.  

Powered by Frankly