3rd Street business fire ruled accidental - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

3rd Street business fire ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:

Amarillo, TX - A large fire that erupted Monday night in northeast Amarillo is now being ruled as accidental.

The fire broke out at Medley Material Handling at 1501 NE 3rd just before 9:00 Monday evening.

The Amarillo Fire Department tells us employees spilled flammable liquid. The gas vapors were ignited by a portable heater, creating a flash fire.

One employee was transported to the hospital with possible inhalation injuries. That employee has since been released.

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share