3rd Street business fire ruled accidental - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

3rd Street business fire ruled accidental

Amarillo, TX - A large fire that erupted Monday night in northeast Amarillo is now being ruled as accidental.

The fire broke out at Medley Material Handling at 1501 NE 3rd just before 9:00 Monday evening.

The Amarillo Fire Department tells us employees spilled flammable liquid. The gas vapors were ignited by a portable heater, creating a flash fire.

One employee was transported to the hospital with possible inhalation injuries. That employee has since been released.

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share
  • Today's Local News HeadlinesToday's Local NewsMore>>

  • Wishing Well: wishes on the rise

    Thursday, May 25 2017 11:50 PM EDT2017-05-26 03:50:53 GMT
    Tatum and Shawna Schulte / Source: KFDATatum and Shawna Schulte / Source: KFDA

    Our local Make-A-Wish Office is granting more wishes than ever before because more doctors are referring sick children in need. 

    Our local Make-A-Wish Office is granting more wishes than ever before because more doctors are referring sick children in need. 

  • How to protect against summer heat

    How to protect against summer heat

    Thursday, May 25 2017 11:19 PM EDT2017-05-26 03:19:47 GMT
    Source: KFDASource: KFDA

    There's no better way to beat the summer heat than heading to the pool. But don't forget your sunscreen...

    There's no better way to beat the summer heat than heading to the pool. But don't forget your sunscreen...

  • Parents encourage living #OneEarOut after daughter was hit by train

    Parents encourage living #OneEarOut after daughter was hit by train

    Thursday, May 25 2017 8:35 PM EDT2017-05-26 00:35:04 GMT
    Source: AshleyRandy Wilson Facebook PageSource: AshleyRandy Wilson Facebook Page

    After a teenage girl was hit by a train in Canadian, an organization is working with her parents to encourage people to be aware of their surroundings. 

    After a teenage girl was hit by a train in Canadian, an organization is working with her parents to encourage people to be aware of their surroundings. 

Powered by Frankly