3rd Street business fire ruled accidental - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

3rd Street business fire ruled accidental

Amarillo, TX - A large fire that erupted Monday night in northeast Amarillo is now being ruled as accidental.

The fire broke out at Medley Material Handling at 1501 NE 3rd just before 9:00 Monday evening.

The Amarillo Fire Department tells us employees spilled flammable liquid. The gas vapors were ignited by a portable heater, creating a flash fire.

One employee was transported to the hospital with possible inhalation injuries. That employee has since been released.

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share
  • Today's Local News HeadlinesToday's Local NewsMore>>

  • Water usage down in Amarillo

    Water usage down in Amarillo

    Wednesday, August 16 2017 7:33 PM EDT2017-08-16 23:33:44 GMT
    Source: KFDASource: KFDA

    With more than average rainfall in Amarillo, water usage has been down throughout the city.

    With more than average rainfall in Amarillo, water usage has been down throughout the city.

  • WTAMU introduces new JBK food court

    WTAMU introduces new JBK food court

    Wednesday, August 16 2017 6:49 PM EDT2017-08-16 22:49:00 GMT
    Source: KFDASource: KFDA

    Starting this fall, students who attend West Texas A&M University will be welcomed with a brand new food court.

    Starting this fall, students who attend West Texas A&M University will be welcomed with a brand new food court.

  • Potter County to get new voting machines

    Potter County to get new voting machines

    Wednesday, August 16 2017 6:37 PM EDT2017-08-16 22:37:37 GMT

    New voting machines for Potter County are on the way, and election officials say they will make voting easier for residents this November.

    New voting machines for Potter County are on the way, and election officials say they will make voting easier for residents this November.

Powered by Frankly