Blowtorch to thaw water pipes causes house fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Blowtorch to thaw water pipes causes house fire

Posted: Updated:

Amarillo, TX - A home in Amarillo suffered thousands of dollars worth of fire damage Tuesday night. 

According the fire officials the fire started around 7:30 Tuesday night at 2727 Virginia Street after a resident tried using a blowtorch to thaw water pipes.

The torch caught a section of the house on fire causing about 5,000 worth of damage to the home and 500 dollars to the home's content.