Space heater starts house fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Space heater starts house fire

Amarillo TX - A house fire on Adams Street in Amarillo leaves one family at a total loss this morning.

Amarillo fire officials say the blaze started in the living room Wednesday, when a space heater was too close to combustible material.

The home was occupied by 5 of 10 children who live there.

Damage has been estimated at around 15,000 dollars.

The Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Red Cross was able to provide the family with lodging, food, and clothing.

 

 

  • Today's Local News HeadlinesToday's Local NewsMore>>

  • TODAY - Give blood, save a life this holiday season

    TODAY - Give blood, save a life this holiday season

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 8:03 AM EST2017-11-21 13:03:33 GMT
    Courtesy of Coffee Memorial Blood CenterCourtesy of Coffee Memorial Blood Center

    You can save a life this holiday season by giving blood at the Coffee Memorial Blood Center.

    You can save a life this holiday season by giving blood at the Coffee Memorial Blood Center.

  • Fire crews work abandoned apartment building fire

    Fire crews work abandoned apartment building fire

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 6:44 AM EST2017-11-21 11:44:33 GMT

    An early morning structure fire is under investigation. Officials say around 4:20 this morning, a fire sparked in a building in the area of 8th and Adams. 

    An early morning structure fire is under investigation. Officials say around 4:20 this morning, a fire sparked in a building in the area of 8th and Adams. 

  • Tuesday's Weather: Highs today will be in the upper 50s and low 60s

    Tuesday's Weather: Highs today will be in the upper 50s and low 60s

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 6:31 AM EST2017-11-21 11:31:14 GMT
    SOURCE: KFDASOURCE: KFDA

    Weather Outlook for Tuesday, Nov. 21 

    Weather Outlook for Tuesday, Nov. 21 

Powered by Frankly