This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE: FlightStats, Inc.
North American air travel rebounds in November after a tough October.
Portland, OR (PRWEB) December 05, 2012
FlightStats, Inc., the leader in global flight and airport information services, has released November's Airline and Airport On-time Performance Report. The report covers airlines and airports from North America, Europe and Asia.
North American airlines, on average, delivered 81.68% of their flights to the arrival gate within 15 minutes of schedule in November, up 6.11 percentage points from October's 75.57%. Cancellations for the group in November were down sharply: 9,834 cancelled flights compared to 25,921 in October 2012. Airlines recovered from the disruptions caused by Hurricane Sandy. See recap for details about the Impact of Hurricane Sandy on North American air travel.
North America's top ten performing airlines and there on-time percentages in November were:
1. HA Hawaiian Airlines - 92.19%
2. FL Airtran Airways - 91.18%
3. QX Horizon Air - 90.65%
4. CP Compass Airlines - 90.41%
5. CM Copa Airlines - 90.29%
6. YV Mesa Airlines - 90.00%
7. DL Delta Air Lines - 89.73%
8. US US Airways - 88.53%
9. TA Taca International Airlines - 88.08%
10. JIA PSA Airlines - 87.47%
Delta led the majors in November. American Airlines performance continued to improve. They improved by 10.63 percentage points over October and 19.78 percentage points over their performance in September.
Here's how the North American major carriers on-time arrival percentages compared:
1. DL Delta Air Lines - 89.73%
2. US US Airways - 88.53%
3. AS Alaska Airlines - 86.74%
4. WN Southwest Airlines - 85.84%
5. UA United Airlines - 85.18%
6. B6 Jetblue Airways - 82.99%
7. AA American Airlines - 78.86%
8. AC Air Canada - 66.38%
Though six North American airports were in the top ten, Tokyo's Haneda continues to outperform the rest of the world's busiest airports while posting a 93.77% on-time departure performance in November. Three European airports rounded out the top 10 in November. The average on-time departure performance among the top 30 airports in November was 75.75%, up from 73.66% in October 2012.
The top ten performers among the world's busiest airports were:
1. HND Tokyo, JP - 93.77%
2. CLT Charlotte, NC - 88.91%
3. ATL Atlanta, GA - 88.51%
4. PHX Phoenix, AZ - 87.72%
5. MCO Orlando, FL - 87.40%
6. FRA Frankfurt, DE - 87.37%
7. MUC Munich, DE - 86.03%
8. IAH Houston, TX - 85.41%
9. AMS Amsterdam, NL - 83.28%
10. LAS Las Vegas, NV - 82.57%
MEM Memphis International Airport took the top spot with a 89.83% on-time departure performance in November. They unseated SLC Salt Lake City International Airport from their three month reign at the top. The average on-time departure performance for the group in November was 84.12%, up 2.5 percentage points from October's 81.62%. Here is a summary of the on-time departure performance for the ten best performing large North American airports:
1. MEM Memphis, TN - 89.83%
2. SLC Salt Lake City, UT - 89.40%
3. TPA Tampa, FL - 89.24%
4. CLT Charlotte - 88.91%
5. ATL Atlanta, GA - 88.51%
6. PIT Pittsburgh, PA - 88.38%
7. SEA Seattle, WA - 88.09%
8. MSP Minneapolis, MN - 88.05%
9. PHX Phoenix, AZ - 87.72%
10. CVG Cincinnati, OH - 87.71%
A mix of major and regional European airlines turned in strong performances in November including bmi, Germanwings, Aegean Airlines, Polish Airlines and Czech Airlines. For the third month in a row all of the airlines in the top ten delivered > 90% of their flights to the gate on time in November. The average OTP for the group was 86.36% in November, up from 83.66% in October.
The top ten on-time arrival performers among European carriers were:
1. BD British Midland Airways dba bmi - 97.50%
2. 4U Germanwings - 97.47%
3. A3 Aegean Airlines - 96.62%
4. LO LOT Polish Airlines - 94.29%
5. OK CSA Czech Airlines - 93.78%
6. WA KLM Cityhopper - 93.11%
7. KF Blue1 - 91.95%
8. EI Aer Lingus - 91.11%
9. VO Tyrolean Airways - 91.09%
10. TK Turkish Airlines - 90.96%
Of the top ten Asian airline on time performers, seven delivered >90% of their flights to the gate on time in November. The average on-time performance rating among the 38 Asian airlines we analyzed in November was 75.48%, down 2.57 percentage points from October's 78.05%.
Here are the top ten on-time arrival performers among Asian carriers:
1. 3X Japan Air Commuter - 91.91%
2. XM1 J-Air - 91.60%
3. HD Hokkaido International Airlines - 90.91%
4. JL Japan Airlines - 90.87%
5. EH ANA Wings - 90.64%
6. JC JAL Express - 90.46%
7. 6E IndiGo Airlines - 90.42%
8. NH ANA - All Nippon Airways - 89.21%
9. NU Japan Transocean Air - 84.55%
10. SQ Singapore Airlines - 82.72%
FlightStats is a leading provider of day-of-travel data services and applications to the travel industry and traveling public. The company delivers real-time global flight tracking and airport data services that power many of the world's most popular travel applications. The company also provides web and mobile applications to the FlightStats community, helping travelers to better manage their travel day. FlightStats' data is viewed by millions of people each month, and the company is constantly evolving to offer the best worldwide alerting and tracking services to travelers, including the agencies and developers who serve them. For more information visit http://www.flightstats.com or follow us on Twitter @flightstats.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012_11_Ontime_Perf/FlightStats/prweb10205087.htm