New Mexico Election Results - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

New Mexico Election Results

Posted: Updated:

* Results as of 11 PM 11/6/12

 

 

QUAY COUNTY COMMISSIONER-DISTRICT 4

 

 

 

Democratic candidate Sue Dowell leads with 60% of the vote, with challenger Republican Wendell Smith holding 40% of the vote

 

UNION COUNTY COMMISSIONER-DISTRICT 3

Republican Carr Vincent leads with 61% of the vote while Democrat Robert Montoya holds the remaining 39% of the vote.

CURRY COUNTY COMMISSIONER, DISTRICT 5

Republican Tim Ashely leads with 51% of the vote, while his challenger, Democrat Paul Barnes holds 48% of the vote.

ROOSEVELT COUNTY COMMISSIONER RACE DISTRICT 2

Republican Richard Leal leads with 88% and Don Craig Sanders is behind with 12% of the vote.

Update:

NEW MEXICO U-S REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 2

New Mexico's U.S. Representative District two race wasn't nearly as close.

Republican Steve Pearce lead the entire race.

He eventually captured about 60% of the vote while Democrat Evelyn Madrid Erhard had just over 405.

Pearce was the incumbent in the race.

NEW MEXICO U-S REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 3

Also in New Mexico, an update on the race for U.S. Representative District three.

Democratic Candidate Ben Lujan has won his race against Republican Jefferson Byrd.

Lujan finished with roughly 635 of the vote.

Byrd only took about 36%.

NEW MEXICO STATE REPRESENTATIVE

For New Mexico State Representative for district 63, George Dodge Junior was the victor.

Democratic Dodge faced off against Republican opponent Steven Hanson.

But he also captured about 60% of the vote, whereas his challenger came up short with a little less than 40%.