Borger, TX - A fast response time by the Borger Fire Department kept a house fire from spreading through a Borger neighborhood.
An abandoned house at Birdie and Fairway that was surrounded by dry shrubbery caught fire and burned to the ground.
"At first it was small, and then it started getting bigger and bigger. I was just scared because it was so windy anything, like, any of the sparks could come over here," across-the-street neighbor Antonia Deleon said.
Neighbors and the Fire Department worked together to keep the flames contained to the home. There were no injuries. The Fire Department stresses to everyone that with the current winds and humidity, neighborhood would otherwise be up in flames tonight.