Burning candle starts house fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Burning candle starts house fire

Amarillo, TX - An Amarillo house is left with extensive fire damage after a candle was left unattended.

The Amarillo Fire Department says that crews were called to 1412 Pryor around 8:00 Monday morning.

Firefighters say no one was home at the time and that they were able to quickly get the fire under control.

The Fire Marshall's Office determined the fire was accidental started by a candle burning in the living room area.

Damage is estimated around 70,000 dollars.

Powered by Frankly