Apartment fire seriously injures several people

Amarillo, Texas - An Amarillo apartment fire sends several people to the hospital.

Two are in critical condition and one is so badly burned he had to be flown to the Lubbock Burn Unit.

It happened at the Lambie Lane Apartments this afternoon, and left ten families with out a place to live.

We caught up with the sister of the man at the Lubbock Burn Unit who says he was burned so badly because he went back inside the building to save an older woman.

Monica Andrada says, "So now he's in UMC. He has a vent helping him to breathe so his lungs and throat don't close up."

Fire investigators say the blaze was an accident.

It started when someone was cooking on the stove.

The complex installed smoke alarms in every unit, but someone removed the alarm.