Three sent to hospital after chemical exposure - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Three sent to hospital after chemical exposure

Amarillo, TX - Three Amarillo workers were exposed to a potentially dangerous chemical today.

According to the Amarillo Fire Department one employee was operating a piece of equipment used for cutting pieces of scrap metal when he cut into a cylinder that contained low levels of chlorine and anhydrous ammonia.

The haz-mat team responded to the call in the 3300 block of Amarillo Boulevard East at W Silver Recycling Inc. 

The three men were treated for breathing problems. None were believed to be seriously injured.

 

Powered by Frankly