Everyone Safe in Northeast Amarillo House Fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Everyone Safe in Northeast Amarillo House Fire

Amarillo, TX --  Everyone made it out safely after a fire raged through a Northeast Amarillo home just before midnight.

Amarillo Firefighters say an overloaded electrical cord caused the fire in the 3600 block of Northeast 14th Avenue.

The people inside the home were awake when the fire started.

That allowed them to make it out safely.

Firefighters say the home had no working smoke detectors, so had the people been asleep, they may not have made it out.

The fire caused about $45,000 in damages.

Powered by Frankly