Smart Thinking Helps Control House Fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Smart Thinking Helps Control House Fire

By NewsChannel 10

Amarillo, Texas - Some smart thinking on the part of one Amarillo resident is the reason more damage was not done to an Amarillo home during a fire.

The fire started Saturday at a home in the 800 block of Bryan Street.

Investigators say a man living there discovered the fire in his living room and immediately shut the door.  They say that kept the fire from destroying the rest of the home.

Fire officials say it was not started on purpose, and that a person's age was a factor in why it started. No more details on that part of the story were given.

But officials did say the home had smoke detectors, but they did not work.

The owners' loss is estimated at $25,000.

Powered by Frankly