As people ran their heat to try and stay warm this morning in the Tradewinds neighborhood of Amarillo they ended up without heat at all this morning.
140 Xcel energy customers lost their power around 6:45am because of overuse. Crews had the power back on just after 10am.
Xcel says that a melted fuse from over use caused for the outage.
"A lot of folks got up at the same time. Started using hot water at the same time. Turned their furnaces up at the same time. So we basically saw an overload for about 140 customers in that area," said Wes Reeves of Xcel Energy.