House Fire Hero

A Randall County family escapes an overnight blazes that burned for five hours at their house.

They had smoke detectors but they didn't work because the batteries were taken out, so instead of beeping waking everyone up it was Aric their 18-year-old grandson.

At about 3 A.M. he smelled smoke and told everyone to get out.

Aric always dreamed of being a firefighter. His grandfather was one for more than 30 years. So when everyone was out safe, he took a garden hose to the flames.