Drivers are now safer after Amarillo area troopers pulled 23 semi-truck drivers off the road for safety violations.
It was all part of an effort by the Department of Public Safety for their annual three-day Road Check.
Last week's efforts grounded more than 1,800 drivers for the day statewide.
Amarillo DPS troopers gave out 537 safety violations.
Most of the violations were for brake problems or adjustments.
Texas troopers stopped seven drivers for drug or alcohol violations.
Amarillo Area Statistics:
- 118 Commercial vehicle inspections
- 23 Trucks found to have serious enough safety violations to be removed from service
- 21 Trucks with brakes out of adjustment
- 11 Brake system problems
- 4 Tire defects
- 1 Truck with a load violation
- 1 Truck with a frame defect
- 537 Safety violations
- 7,316 Commercial Vehicle Inspections
- 1,636 Trucks found to have serious enough safety violations to be removed from service
- 202 Drivers pulled because of safety violations
- 125 Drivers pulled out of service for hours-of-service violations
- 7 Drivers pulled out of service for drug or alcohol violations
- DPS Troopers issued 12 tickets for seatbelt violations
- 953 Trucks needed brake adjustments
- 655 Brake system problems
- 245 Tire or wheel problems
- 272 Light malfunctions