Grill Explosion in Amarillo - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Grill Explosion in Amarillo

One Amarillo man went to the hospital for first degree burns after his gas grill exploded on Monday night.

Amarillo Firefighters say the grill ignited at a home in the 3704 Clearwell Street in Southwest Amarillo.

The man could hear a hissing sound near the propane cylinder.

He opened the cabinet to investigate.

That's when the tank exploded.

The Fire Department recommends checking all the connections on your grill, and always moving the grill out from overhangs before you use it.

Powered by Frankly