Thrown Cigarette The Cause Of $50,000 Lamount St. House Fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Thrown Cigarette The Cause Of $50,000 Lamount St. House Fire

The cause of a $50,000 fire is apparently a cigarette mixed with potting soil.

Amarillo Fire Department officials say a cigarette not extinguished was tossed into a flower pot.  The soil in the pot started smoldering and eventually set fire to the deck and vinyl siding on the home.

The fire department says two people were home yesterday evening when the fire broke out and one was treated for smoke inhalation.

Most of the damage is on the outside and in the attic.

Powered by Frankly