Officials: Fire at Amarillo duplex caused by heating unit

Officials: Fire at Amarillo duplex caused by heating unit
Officials: Fire at Amarillo duplex caused by heating unit (SOURCE: KFDA) (Johnson, Kaitlin)

AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - A fire at an Amarillo duplex was caused by a heating unit in the attic, according to officials with the Amarillo Fire Department.

Officials: Fire at Amarillo duplex caused by heating unit

Crews responded to a duplex in the 3000 block of WestHaven around 1:20 p.m.

The occupants of the home were not there when the fire broke out.

The fire caused an estimated $30,000 worth of damage.

Copyright 2018 KFDA. All rights reserved.